Thursday, June 17, 2010

the duck pond

When I was little, I would go feed the ducks with my musical kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Strobel. She really liked mushrooms and owls. They were all over her house. I have a feeling that we would have much in common these days now that I am all grown up. I was only three when I knew her, but she has left somewhat of a lasting impression with me. I think it has something to do with nature's impact. It is so powerful for little ones. And absolutely necessary I think. I don't know how many times I went with her to feed the ducks, but I remember it like we had been hundreds of times. Maybe we had.
There are no ducks in Guam, that you can feed anyway, so I was really looking forward to taking her to the Duck Pond in Norman while we were there. And we got to go with Aunt Greta to boot. Most of the ducks have been replaced by geese, so I'm sure they have left an impression on Fern. (They could be a tad intimidating to a 2 foot tall person.) If not, she'll have this video to remember them by. And the bazillions of photographs of course. :)


No comments: