Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my girl is rad

We took Fern to Ritidian in the morning over the weekend. We found a perfect spot that has alot of shade well into the morning. It was also a bit overcast off and on, which may have helped with the shadiness. Regardless, we will be going more often now, I'm certain. Fern thought the hermit crabs were very interesting until...




...the little guy grabbed onto her fingertip when she tried to drop him, and he clung to her with all of his pincer grasp might. He finally let go, but Fern didn't know what to think of this little critter now. Her uncertainty is displayed below in the video. (I need to learn how to keep my mouth shut while I'm taking video, and they would be much nicer!)

She definitely doesn't want him on her shoulder, DAD. :)

After swimming and crabs, we went butterfly hunting (or they did actually, while I watched through my viewfinder). Fern already loves butterflies, but they are usually too quick for us to catch them around our house to show her one up close. At Ritidian, though, they like to hang out in the bushes and you can grab them while they are resting on the branches unaware:

See them in the trees?

Allen is a very good butterfly catcher. He's quite sneaky.

Oh, the anticipation!

Allen says that they play dead. Sure enough, this one took off moments later and fluttered on his merry way.

Then more swimming.
And finally a nap.
A good morning it was.
My girl is rad.

2 comments:

east end jenn said...

Awesome morning, indeed. Love the video!

grandma and grandpa said...

This was neat! Mom & Dad