Saturday, April 10, 2010

eggs, eggs, and more eggs!

I know I'm posting this a bit late, but late is better than never for the grandfolks! Fern's daycare celebrated easter with an egghunt for the kiddos and I came to watch. Unfortunately, Fern had pooped her britches and I was changing her in the bathroom when they started the hunt, so there were only a few left by the time we made it outside. No biggie, since there were more egghunts to follow! Fern's best buddy Daniel is pictured below. They were using their pointer fingers to play in a puddle of water that was sitting between them while the basket decorating contest was going on in front of them... almost the cutest thing ever I think, the two of them in their matching Good Day shirts:





This year we used ingredients around the house to color eggs, such as achiote, turmeric, and coffee! Fern had fun putting stickers on the eggs, and we all had fun coloring them with crayons (I think I had the most fun with that part, but even Al colored one, and then asked for another, and there wasn't another because I had already greedily colored them all...).

Saturday, Xavier and Alisha joined us on an egghunt around our house. We were initially going to do it alone with Fern, but we are so glad that they decided to join us. Allen hid all of the eggs and the kiddos had fun collecting them and then meandering over to the park as the sun went down. It was a good day for sure.

We finished up the holiday with brunch at the Westin, treated by friends, and another egg hunt for Fern there. I still haven't uploaded those pictures yet... just a few more to come!

1 comment:

Else Demeulenaere said...

Adorable! I think Fern's favorite time of the year will be Easter!