Sunday, February 20, 2011

craftiness

It's been a while, but here I am! I wanted to share our Valentines Day crafts. I made Fern some play cookies but they look more like little pastry puffs, mostly because I wanted to use what I already had around the house. And then Fern and I made Al some felt flowers. Fern had fun painting the leaves (I painted two sides but she wouldn't allow me to paint more than that). Then I cut the wire and felt circles while she was sleeping (you can use coat hangers but I happen to have a roll of bendable wire) and she put them all together with a bit of guidance. It was really easy and a great craft for a 2 yr old. Fern walked upstairs to wake daddy up with the flowers. It was pretty sweet. Check the other blog for pictures of Fern here in her heart-shaped glasses.





Fern runs a daycare here at the house. She always lining up the babes to feed them, laying them down for a nap or changing them. Here are a 'whole bunch' of babies in the midst of a diaper change. (She had run off to get some wipes)


She is talking so much these days. I wish I could capture (or remember!) all of the funny things she says. She's on a "I'm going to do my workstuff" kick right now. And then she grabs a pen and paper and my phone and a calculator and gets to work. I have captured some of her dance moves however - check out the video below:

Untitled from Ginger Haddock on Vimeo.

2 comments:

cornflake said...

So funny how she randomly has to go peepee in the middle of her dance. Like how she had to go five times when we had dinner the other day. You should start a craft blog! Only that will inspire me to start doing crafts with Xavier. Otherwise, we're screwed in that area.
<3 Alisha

guam_mummy said...

Cute.....I love the daycare at home!