Thursday, August 19, 2010

Talofofo Caves

I needed a hike with Fern several weeks ago so Alisha and X were good sports and decided to join me. This was Fern's first walking hike outside of the Ergo. I had to carry her through the steeper parts but she was more than willing to walk herself.


in awe of the giant hole that is the cave.

having a snack and a chat with her Auntie Alisha.

Alisha and Xavier

The big girl carried her own gear.

Rehydrating before the return hike. :)

And running down the trail as fast as she could! She ended up on her face here. Did she cry? nope. not Fern. She's one tough cookie.

6 comments:

east end jenn said...

Fern is looking more and more like a little girl instead of a toddler. Love her ponytail!

Love, love that shot of Alisha and Xavier.

rebecca said...

Very cute...I wonder if Fern remembers when we hiked down there while you were pregnant! :)

rebecca said...

Oh wait...that was Pagat cave we went to when you were pregnant. Jeez, I suppose I've been gone from Guam too long...

Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

These pictures are gorgeous. I'm glad you girls got to have a fun hike with Xavier. Penny would have totally cried if she biffed it on the trail.

Ginger said...

awwww, I miss you RLS. Good to see you on here!

Else Demeulenaere said...

love your hiking pictures, how you do do that with the light?
anyway, Fern is such a good hiker! We would love to come along too one day if you want, maybe on the weekend. I could come with Ekko alone, and leave bas and luna with Tom so they can do something together.

hugs, Else