Sunday, July 11, 2010

the fourth

Very late, I know, but I thought the grandparents would want to see Fern on her very first ferris wheel! We went to the carnival, had some delicious Vietnamese street food made by a co-worker's mom, and then played some games like 'pick a duck out of a pond and you get some junk!' Some junk was smaller or bigger than other junk, but it was all big fun and I would do it again a million times over because Fern loved it. (Most of it as you shall see) She emptied our wallets with ride ticket purchases. I would have never guessed that she would go on these rides with Ska, without me, but she did. I was definitely more afraid than she was. And then... the tantrum. She threw the biggest tantrum ever. I rode with Ska on the Octopus (which left me spinning and nauseated) and she wanted to go, and couldn't understand that she was too small and felt betrayed that I would ride with Ska and not her. I could hear her through all of the screaming on the ride. In the end though, Ska was beaming, so it was worth it. At 9:15 or so, we watched an AMAZING fireworks display. A couple of times I said 'this must be the finale!' and it wasn't, so it was much better than I thought it would be. Fern called them 'flowers' in the sky and said a whole lot of 'whoa's' and 'oh man's!' and 'boom's'. Pretty funny indeed. And I got to catch up with a friend to boot. It was a good evening, that's for sure.

watermelon by day

carnival ride by night

5 comments:

east end jenn said...

The watermelon shot is priceless. Love.

Else Demeulenaere said...

wow look at ska and fern, how fun!!!!!!!!!

grandma and grandpa said...

Fern is fearless. Just like her mom was.

Suzanne said...

my goodness!! such cutie patuties :) !!

guam_mummy said...

oh wow, these photos are so cute :) and awesome!